Mittwoch, Juni 20, 2007

SCENARIO

June 20/07 3:50 p.m.

Happened Yesterday.... (Landfrau,daughter No.2,grandson (main cast) )

Daughter No. 2 (on phone): Could you please pick up grandson and take him to church for the final school service at 3:30 p.m., have meeting, can not make it. And then he has to go to the barber.
Landfrau: sure, no problem.
Landfrau looks at clock,gee,3:20 p.m. already, heats across Interstate to not have poor waiting grandson in need. Arrives in time, grandson plays tennis on the street with friend and is very astonished at grandmas appearance.
Grandson: what do you want, omala (thats what he calls me)
Landfrau:your mom said should take you to church service.
Grandson: No, my friend is here,we go by bike.
Landfrau: No, your mom said....
Grandson: but I cant let my friend go by himself.
Landfrau: then I take you both in the car.
Friend: no, need my bike later on.
Landfrau: I give up,then we meet at the church,where is it?
Lenghty explanations of grandson,how to get to the church,very confusing.
Friend: but the service is at the catholic church, not the protestant one.
Grandson:but I am protestant,what should I go to the wrong church for?
Landfrau(exasperated): if the service is there...and now ,are you both sure??
Grandson:we meet there,and if the service is not in that church, then I will drive in front of you with my bike to the other church.
Well,fortunately first church had been the right one.
So,arriving there,grandson and other kids rushed in and Landfrau was left cold by herself. Sat through a boring service with cranky (sibling) kids and parents,done by a timid parson woman and another fat woman in a white long kind of nightgown,could not figure out her role,but had been badly played,anyway. Sneaked out before the end and waited for grandson in front of the church. When he came out, asked him about the haircutting business and how we should go about it.
Grandson: you do NOT know,where the barber is?
Landfrau: No,how should I and besides,what is the whole thing now about,why should I come along anyway,you go by bike and you know the way.
Grandson (turns around) and calls his mother on his cell phone.
Landfrau: let me talk to her.
Grandson:there was the answering machine.
Landfrau: but you have been talking.
Grandson:wanted to know name of my haircut.(liar - had been complaining about mean grandma)
Landfrau ,voice rising: The barber knows,my goodness!
Grandson: I really do not know what you are cranky about.
Landfrau: Here,my friend, is your money and your housekey,

and I left.
Came home and got the evil eye from "grandpa" having left the poor boy alone. Told him the poor boy could very well fend for himself.
Got a phonecall later that nite from "poor boy",who claimed that certainly some things had gone wrong that afternoon. His way of apologies!

We parted friends!



Keine Kommentare: