Donnerstag, April 12, 2007

AAADD

April 12/07 10:14 p.m. (sorry ,folks, not my brainstorm, but good nevertheless!)

Subject: AAADD
Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.This is how it manifests:I decide to water my garden.As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decidemy car needs washing.As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the patio table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mail box when I take outthe garbage anyway, I may as well pay he bills first.I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one checkleft.My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house tomy desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke asideso that I don't accidentally knock it over.I realize the Coke is getting warm , and I decide I should put it in therefrigerator to keep it cold.As I head toward the kitchen with the coke, a vase of flowers on thecounter catches my eye--they need to be watered.I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glassesthat I've been searching for all morning.I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with waterand suddenly I spot the TV
Remote Control . Someone left it on the kitchen table.I realize that tonight when I go to watch TV , I will be looking for the
remote control , but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decideto put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water theflowers.I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on thefloor.So, I set the
Remote Control back down on the table, get some towels and wipeup the spill.Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.At the end of the day:the driveway is floodedthe car isn't washed,the bills aren't paid,there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,there is still only one check in my check book, I can't find the
remote control ,
I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the carkeys.Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today,I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'mreally tired.I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get somehelp for it, but first I'll check my e-mail. Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message because I can't remember to whom it was sent.

Keine Kommentare: