Samstag, November 03, 2007

The good Mother

November 3/07 3:40 p.m.

Each and every year,after we have had the family goose feast, I tell my beloved folks, that this has been the last goose I have cooked and every year, there I am again, full into greasy slavery. It's St.Martin’s tomorrow, here in our village anyway ( its always a case of getting the "music" (bands) for the parade) , so St. Martin keeps parading on and on, the biggest parade of course beeing in downtown Düsseldorf at November 10th.That parade has enough music, though. And if you want to hear what it sounds like, listen to the musci clip! - But getting back to here, the goose will be cooked today (is in the oven) and we eat tomorrow,like every year with potato dumplings, red cabbage, glazed chestnuts, applesauce and lots of gravy. Nice, rich , fattening food. Man of the house says he does not care for once! Not that it helps much if he cares the rest of the year. Lacking excercise, I always say.
Just right now some of the wild geese have been passing across our roof again, they are the lucky ones, not ending up in the frying pan! I have been seeing our poor candidate since spring at the farmer's place, fortunately you never know which one ends up in your oven.
So, friends, and this is the last goose I have cooked (till next year, haha)!

Keine Kommentare: