Mittwoch, November 21, 2007

Neighbourhood Competition

November 21/07 7:40 p.m.

Since it is getting dark outside pretty early around this time of the year, Herr Hund and Landfrau have to roam around in the dark during our nite walk. So I have noticed X-mas lights beeing put up already at quite a few houses. One party started and one after the other are following up, and I also noticed, that every up-follower makes an effort to outdo his predecessor,very funny! Reminds me strongly of that crazy story(everyone knows what I am talking about, I am sure) where the whole neighbourhood goes haywire outdoing each other and in the end the complete elelctricity system of the village brakes down.
Could not help it, I also got infected and put up our modest decoration, so now it's all set and only has to be plugged in, and promply I fell into that X-mas panic, which grabs me every year. It is so ridiculous, since there is no reason for stress, but here I am, a natural nut.
Promise to be normal again after December 24th, till then you have to cope with a Landfrau traumatisized by X-mas!

Keine Kommentare: