Mittwoch, Dezember 19, 2007

Are there no Hyacinths in Houston?


December 19 /07 2:30 p.m.


So, dear friend, now you can see what they look like in "full blossom"! -

That's just on the side.


Yesterday we did our annual shopping for X-mas sweets at the most famous confiserie
downtown.It's real nice, if you do not have lots of errands to do and can watch the crowds milling about in a haste.Has been my first trip to X-masly decorated downtown this season! Looked at the giant X-mas tree in a mall, beautifully done up,which gives a light and sound show every hour. A lady standing behind me said to her companion that she had been really touched. When I cast a sneak look at her, she had tears in her eyes. Thats what I call X-mas spirit! We then always have a nice steak lunch at the Block House and after lunch I parked man of my life for an espresso at "the" Italian (as we always call him) in the mall and went scarf hunting in a department store nearby,where I had to cash in a € 10 voucher (never turn a free gift down!).Found just the right thing, sitting on a deco dummy,long and black ,the self knitted look, had it taken off, turned out, it had been the last one in the whole store. Now that I call real good luck and it is like a Christmas present I gave to myself, even if that present still cost me a pretty penny. But never mind, I deserve it! Gee Whizz!


Keine Kommentare: