Donnerstag, Mai 29, 2008

End of the World

May 29/08 12:50 p.m.

We have a popular Karnevalsong "Am 30. Mai ist der Weltuntergang..." (may 30th the world will go down...) and this morning at 11 a.m. I thought that this is going to happen a day premature. The sky turned a very bright yellow, like aflame, and then it became pitchdark, like in the middle of the night. A tremendous downpour followed, which again beat up my hanging geraniums, poor things dont stand a chance this season, every time they recover, they get beaten up again. Have been glad that I had been a slowpoke this morning, otherwise I would have been out with Herr Hund. So we sat out the storm safe and sound at home. One good thing, the rain cleaned my car of the desert sand, all I had to do, was hose it down a little bit additionally. And have been glad not having been among the clean, carloving Germans, who blocked the car wash saloons all over the places yesterday.
When I went out with Herr Hund later on I marvelled at the abundance of green exploding in our nature, a jungle world! But the air is nice and fresh now, not sticky like the last couple of days.

Keine Kommentare: